What Does a Funeral Director Do After You Hire Them?
Most people have very little or no experience organizing a funeral. Also, the process can be quite emotional and challenging, making it necessary to have some professional help with managing all the aspects of planning and organizing the service and related activities. When you come to us at Paul Lahood, you can be sure that you will get the best solutions and empathetic and supportive services. Our funeral director is very attentive and mindful of our clients’ requirements.
They understand how difficult it can be to deal with the death of a loved one, and managing all the aspects of the funeral can add to your stress and strain during this time. However, we are here to help you with every little detail of planning a funeral for a loved one that has passed.
Services a Funeral Director in Sydney Provides
Many people are not aware of what a funeral director does. Here we take a look at some of the services a funeral director in Sydney provides after you hire them:
1. Help Manage the Funeral Service
Some people preplan their funeral. If your loved one has done so, the funeral director will make sure that the entire funeral service is carried out as per the decedent’s desires. If the person has not preplanned it, they will discuss your requirements and help plan everything. Their job involves ensuring that everything is planned down to the last detail and is in line with your needs.
2. Provide Guidance and Support
As mentioned at the outset, many people have almost no experience with organising a funeral, which can make the process quite challenging and stressful all at once. An experienced funeral director will provide you with all the details you need about how to go about planning the service and what you might need to organise. They will guide your choices so that you can make the right decision and get the type of service you want for your loved one. Some of the decisions they can help you make include:
- Whether you need to select a cremation or burial
- The venue, time and date of the service
- Who would be leading the ceremony- a family member, friend, member of your faith or a celebrant
- Where you want to conduct the service- in a religious setting, or an outdoor place
- The funeral director in Sydney would provide you with all the information and guidance that you require. They will make sure that all the arrangements are completed in line with your needs and will help with coordinating for a cemetery or memorial park based on whether you have selected cremation or burial.
3. Help with Personalising the Funeral Ceremony
Today, many people prefer to have a less traditional funeral service and opt for something casual and personalized. The idea is to celebrate the unique life that the decedent led. It means that extra effort needs to be taken to personalize the service so that it reflects the decedent’s likes, dislikes, and life. The funeral director in Sydney will ask questions about your loved one’s hobbies, music and book preferences, and more.
Once they have gathered all this information, they will weave all these likes into the ceremony that they plan and help you organise. This kind of personalisation goes a long way in ensuring that the funeral service or celebration of life is perfect in every way and that it is meaningful for the family of the deceased person. In addition to all of these services, the funeral director can also help with:
- Handling all the paperwork such as the death certificate etc.
- Writing eulogies, if needed
- Arranging the wake
- If you have opted for cremation, the funeral director can also help you connect with a crematorium on the memorial park to organise the service that you want in a setting of your choice
- Handling all the logistics
Our funeral director will ensure that you get tailored solutions and will create a personalized funeral service. We at Paul Lahood Funerals provide 24/7 Funeral Services in Sydney. For more information, please call us on 02 9564 0223. Feel free to send us your queries via this Contact Us form.